Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It Isn't the End of the Month-Yet

This is always the part of the month where you look at the checkbook, having subtracted out all of the bills to be paid and withdrawals for food, gas, etc., and you realize that you will have about $4.95 left when all is said and done. Now I did start a cushion in our checking account, ghost money if you will, which I plan on adding to each month little by little until it is about $100, so I don't worry about bouncing checks, etc. We used to tie our checking account to our visa for overdraft protection, but guess what!! I saw that as a line of credit, so to speak, so I was very un-careful about going over-budget. Bad idea. Our visa balance ballooned every month boften by a thousand dollars! Yeah, very bad choice on my part, and one I don't want to go back to, ever.

But let's go back to nothing in the checkbook on day 18 of the month. Really, there is a couple thousand in checking, but basically we will be down to the dregs in a week. I would like to live differently. No more wondering if the debit will go through this time. Let's take charge and be in charge of our money! The change jar is calling! Do I hear a clink?

No comments:

Post a Comment