Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Dollars in the Jar

A different jar that is. After one of sisters related a story about a friend who every time she had a five dollar bill, would throw it into a jar, I decided that every time I have a few extra one dollar bills around, I would throw one or two into another jar. Those will add up even more quickly. I am not ready to throw fives in there yet, since money is tight right now, but at least this is a start. Pretty painless way to save.

School supply shopping is here, and I am saying no to new backpacks, lunch boxes, etc. unless they actually really need one. I had some supplies from last year that were unused, so we were certainly use those first. The most expensive items were the printer cartridges for our printers. During the school year we go through a lot of them. I need to find out if the refill offers at Walgreens are worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment