Friday, August 28, 2009

I Really Hate the Unexpected

We all know it comes: the unexpected expense. But boy do I hate it when I think I have the budget all planned out and then one of my kids needs something (a certain book, massage therapy for back spasms, specific kind of shoe for working at a camp) that completely messes it all up. So if I start out at the beginning of a pay period thinking "Ha, this time the budget will work!" I feel so defeated when ,before the two weeks are up, we have had $100 extra in these unforeseen "necessaries." I try to buy as cheaply as possible in these circumstances, but when your daughter is in pain and needs her back worked on now for $75.00 a pop, what do you do? Say tough it out? This is why we need a bigger budget for "miscellaneous," which means less for other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment