Thursday, October 8, 2009

Don't Buy It if You Don't Use It!

What I mean by that is that while trying to get the hang of being a "strategic shopper" combining coupons with sales to get stuff at a very low price, I discovered that I was purchasing a lot of grocery items because they were a good deal, even if I never purchased that item before. I have concluded that it is much better for me to buy the things we actually eat, than to scoop up every bargain. And I am able to shop at a military commissary, which, time and again, still beats Wal-Mart, Krogers, and Harris Teeter. So now I am trying to be a REALLY strategic shopper, letting certain "amazing deals" go and focusing on our basic grocery list, which actually does not include a lot of processed foods, as many of these "deals" seem to be full of them.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! just ran across your blog since you posted a comment on the coupon consultant! My name is karen and I am a blogger too on deals! Check out this post. It is about buying things you do not use or donating to charity. People laugh because I buy cat food and do not own a cat!
    http://thecouponqueensofhr.blogspot.com/2010/04/giving.html

    ReplyDelete